October 23, 2014

Wacky Watercooler October Blog Hop


It's time for another blog hop!  If you're new here, this blog hops in a circular motion, so no matter where you start, you'll end up back to the beginning.  If you're following this blog hop in order of appearance, you'll have come from KatheD's blog and from here, you'll go to Kath Rick's blog.  I feel like a sandwich between the Kath(e)'s ! :)

This time the focus is on Thanksgiving and Christmas. Since we have already had Thanksgiving here in Canada, I will focus on Christmas. I only have two projects for you today. I hope you'll enjoy them. You'll notice a bit of "oopsies" on both of them but I decided to leave it be. Crafting isn't about perfection as much as it is about having fun.



First up, I made this ornament using the Simply Pressed Clay and the Bears from the Bearing Gifts and White Christmas stamp sets. I added some sparkle using the dazzling details.


Close up. A little tribute to my bears.


Next up I made a gift tag. I made it longer than a normal tag so it could dub as a bookmark if one wanted to.  I used the White Christmas set on this one also. The bird, however, comes from the Festival of Trees.


A little pop of color with the Cherry Cobbler.

I hope you've enjoyed the projects I have shared with you today.

Please leave a comment to let me know you were here before you hop along to the next post so I know you were here!!

http://wackywatercoolerstamping.blogspot.ca/2014/10/the-october-wacky-watercooler-blog-hop.html
http://kath-allthatscrap.blogspot.ca/2014/10/watercooler-october-blog-hop.html
http://kathesadventure.blogspot.ca/2014/10/wacky-watercooler-october-blog-hop.html

11 comments:

Christine said...

Sweet projects. Have to do some clay work now.

Unknown said...

Love the bookmark/tag! The ornament is so fun!

Created by Kath said...

Your projects are great. I've been meaning to stamp on the clay. I think I'll pull some out in the morning and give it a try.

Stampin' Amigos said...

That's SOME "fussy-cutting" on the tag! Good job. And what a sweet ornament; love the bears!

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Love these two projects Miss Ter. The ornament really caught my attention. Love the primitive, sweet and simple qualities it has and that it evokes in the viewer. Would make a really fun pendent to wear with a winter sweater too!

The simplicity and warmth of the tag are terrific. Love the pop the red gives it. Nible fingered miss will be your next crown I think. Hee, hee.

Hugs and thanks for sharing the hop.

Heidi Weaver said...

Thank you, Ter, for once again being part of the blog hop. You're right: "crafting isn't about perfection as much as it is about having fun". It's wonderful, however, when having fun ends up with such a wonderful creation as your ornament. At first glance it looks very much like carved bone or, more particularly, scrimshaw. Adding the bit of Dazzling Details really finishes it off nicely. I love all the details in your tag as well. Fussy cutting is not much fun but surely very effective. TFS

Deborah Smart said...

Combining the 2 bears just made my heart smile, Ter! You always know how to do that, my friend! :) I love the pop of colour on Kraft for the tag/bookmark - great fussy cutting :)

Jackie said...

Terri, I like both of your projects very much. I always forget about the clay and your project was wonderful! I love your tag, probably because I would never cut something like that out!!

Jackie said...

Terri, I like both of your projects very much. I always forget about the clay and your project was wonderful! I love your tag, probably because I would never cut something like th

Donna said...

Very pretty!

KatheD said...

what a great idea to combine the bears - I have to get busy and put that clay to use! ♥ love the bookmark, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...