September 12, 2013

Wacky Watercooler Holiday Catalog(ue) Blog Hop



Wacky 

Watercooler New Catalog(ue) Blog Hop 

It's time for another Wacky Watercooler Blog Hop! This time we are sharing projects from the 2013 Holiday Mini Catalogue.   If you're following from the beginning, you've just arrived here from Kath's blog and will head to Jeannine's next. The blog hop rotates in a circle so it really doesn't matter where you started, you can click the HOME button below to lead you back to the beginning.  Please leave a comment to let me know you were here!! 

Myself, I am a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. If you are local, I'd love to meet you at one of my events, which you can learn more about on this blog, my website or my Facebook page.  You could also email me and request to be put on my email lists.  

This time I decided that all my projects would feature the wonderful Festive Flurry Stamp Set and coordinating framelits.  

First up:

This banner was stamped in Coastal Cabana then cut out with the framelits. They are attached by brads. Some of the snowflakes have 3D layers using the dimensional and topped with a Vintage Faceted Designer Button and a rhinestone jewel.  I used Dazzling Details to add sparkle to the snowflake by dabbing it on and using my fingers to spread it around. Finally I used the silver 1/8" ribbon from the Holiday Mini to hang it up. 

Snowflake Banner


Close up of Snowflake Banner




Next, I made a tree ornament using the same Festive Flurry stamp and framelits. I used smokey slate for the color and again used the same embellishments as I did the banner.  I made it even more 3D by scoring the pieces and using sticky strip to make them a slightly different shape.I glued the pieces together with hot glue gun and attached a silver ribbon to the back to hang it up. I added sparkle with the silver glitter from the Holiday Mini but I think I'd go back to using dazzling details if I made this again.

Snowflake Ornament

Side view of snowflake ornament

Finally, I made a card.  The card base is Basic Grey and the stamped images are in soft sky and smokey slate.  I love these colors together.  I stamped the largest snowflake directly onto the card layer, and the rest were cut out with the framelits. I used dimensionals to give it some depth and topped it with a Large Rhinestone Jewel.  Once again I returned to my favorite Dazzling Details to add sparkle.  You may have noticed I also used the Peace on Earth stamp from the Greetings of the Seasons from last year's Holiday Mini. It's on the Carryover List so that means it's still available to order!! 
Snowflake card

Close up of Snowflake Card


Thank you so much for hopping on over to my blog! I've enjoyed having you here. I hope you'll come again soon. Please do leave me a comment to let me know you were here. If you have a blog, I'll return a visit to you shortly.

Want to make these or other projects using the Festive Flurry Stamp Set and framelits? Order yours today from my ONLINE STORE

Use the buttons below to navigate through the blog hop!! 






22 comments:

Bev said...

Terri. I love all your work with the snowflakes. Very sweet banner. So gorgeous!

Bev said...

Love all the work you've done on the snowflakes, particularly the snowflake banner! Super!

Deborah Smart said...

Terri, I adore your snowflake banner!! Wow - such a lot of work, and a huge impact!! I wonder if I have the patience to try one myself...lol. Your creations are always so unique and inspiring - so glad that you're part of the Hop! :)

Mary said...

Cute card and really like the snowflakes!

Unknown said...

Love the snowflake orniment. Reminds me of Baby Pechman.

Gail said...

Oh my gosh! Those were certainly worth waiting for. Love the banner!!

Gail said...

Wow! Those were worth waiting for - especially the snowflake banner.

Joc(e) said...

I can proudly say I've seen these snowflakes in person as Terri put some of them together -- WOW!! They are gorgeous!! I want to thank Ter for putting together some card kits for me and helping me to put the cards together when I visited her a few weeks back. This is some fun stuff, folks!!

Heidi Weaver said...

What a gorgeous snowflake banner/garland. I can imagine having it across a fireplace or, actually, in the dining room since it's so festive. I agree about the Dazzling Details being easier to use than the silver glitter. At least you don't wind up with glitter falling off everywhere! And it's such a beautiful ornament. I like the way these snowflakes look as ornaments better than last year's, but that might be because I'm not as much into the reds and greens for decorating.

I'm so glad they added the Greetings of the Seasons from last year's Holiday Mini. Like you, I love that "Peace". It's so elegant and is perfect used with the Festive Flurry snowflakes.

Thanks for sharing, Ter. As usual, wonderful projects.

Queenie Jeannie said...

LOVE this stamp set & framelits!!!! Love the snowflake banner (I haven't seen one of those done before now!), and the ornament. It's fabulous!!!

Susan said...

Your snowflake are gorgeous. You did a beautiful job!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love all your snowflake project. The banner/garland is wonderful. I hadn't thought to do that to make one :)
Misty

KatheD said...

Terri, these are all beautiful. I've never hung banners at my home, but between you and Kath, I may have to start soon - your snowflake banner is stunning!

Beth Steel said...

How unique! I love how you did your beautiful banner. And your ornament, and your card. Great use of the new framelits!!

Unknown said...

hi terri, i have resisted buying this stamp/framelit set but your designs make it very tempting! (we are such enablers!). i'm thinking the ornaments would be fun to make w/my granddaughter for gifts she could give! and i really love the card...especially the color combo!

great job terri! thanks for sharing ~ smiles, karen ;-)

Christine Alward said...

You did a lot of work - nice snowflakes.

Susan Byington said...

Love them all Terri! I popped over from SC. :)

Susan Byington

Vanessa Zhong said...

Such a cute banner! I'm a new follower from stampinconnection. My blog is: www.vanessascardstudio.com

Paper Lily Leaf said...

Lovely! I'm over from SC too :)

Cindy said...

Great Festive Flurry projects! I'm now following you! (#271 from Stampin' Connection)
www.turtlecreations-papercrafts.blogspot.com

Pursuit of Stampiness - Calgary, Canada said...

Hi Winnipeg. I just found your blog through SU Connection. Love all your ideas. What a great blog you have. hanks for sharing. you're welcome to take a peek at my blog too. I would love to have you visit. here is my link.

Http://thepursuitofstampiness.blogspot.ca

Inky hugs, Pauline

Anonymous said...

Terri, I too have come over from Stampin Connection and hoping I have time to check out this blog hop. Your blog is lovely. Hope you will come by and visit me on my blog
www.creationsbylouise.blogspot.ca
Louise

I am from Calgary!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...