May 15, 2014

Wacky Watercooler May Blog Hop


Welcome to the May Wacky Watercooler Blog Hop. This hop rotates in a circular motion so it doesn't matter where you start, you'll hop through every post. If you're following in order, you've come from Kath's blog and you'll leave here to Deborah's blog. At any time, you may click the HOME button below and return to the Wacky Watercooler main blog where you'll see a list of all the participants and the links to their blogs. 

My post today is mostly focusing on the retiring products and last chance items.


First up, I have made this card using the Oh Hello stamp set. I was sad to see this one on the retiring list as it is one of my all time favorite stamp sets.  I also used the Woodgrain background stamp on this card. The Woodgrain is being replaced by the Hardwood stamp set that is featured in the Occasions Catalogue. I love the new Hardwood stamp but I will keep my Woodgrain for when I want a softer wood look on my projects. Also featured on this card is the retiring In-Colors Primrose Petals and Gumball Green. I love these colors, but the new In-Colors are great too. You can see them further down on this post.  Don't forget to order all your favorite retiring items. Many products on the retiring list are already sold out, so don't delay or you'll miss out!



Next up is my version of the wreath kit that is available in the Occasions catalogue. I really liked this and when I started working on it, there was still snow outside and somehow by the time I finished this project, the snow was gone. I think it must be magic. I really liked the pop of color on the burlap background. It was really easy to make as the kit includes all the pieces you need to make this. You just need to add some hot glue to put the pieces together. I also used my new fringe scissors for a couple of the flower centres.  I didn't follow the pattern on the instructions exactly as I wanted to make this wreath my own. It's really a fun project that I think you and your kids would enjoy too. The Occasions catalogue is still good until the end of May so hurry and get your wreath kit while you can.

up close

Finally, here, I have made some tags using the BRAND NEW In-Colors. Aren't they great? I just love them. I haven't yet got the ribbon so I left the tags as is for now.  Also, did you notice? I used the new scallop tag topper punch to create these tags. The flowers are from the petite Petals stamp and punch set that is currently available in the Occasions catalogue but Great News... it'll also be in the new 2014-15 Annual Catalogue!

Thank you for hopping along with me. I hope you have enjoyed the projects I have shared today. Please leave a comment to let me know you were here before you continue along the hop.

http://wackywatercoolerstamping.blogspot.ca/2014/05/the-wacky-watercooler-may-blog-hop.html
http://stampandcreate.net/wacky-watercooler-may-blog-hop/
http://kath-allthatscrap.blogspot.ca/2014/05/the-wacky-watercooler-may-blog-hop.html

11 comments:

Gail said...

Great projects Terri. I especially like your Oh Hello card - love the texture and the softness of it.

Buffy said...

Beautiful projects, Terri! You did a great job with the wreath. Oh, Hello was one of my favorites, too - and I love your card. And the tags are beautiful. I'll have to make some for club members!

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Super collection of projects for the hop Ter. A little something from each of the catalogs on my desk! A little magic never hurts does it to bring Spring to the frozen north country. The wreath turned out beautifully. And you are so right. Much as I love the new Hardwood background stamp the now older Woodgrain will still have a place in my heart and on my stamp shelves.
Gotta love the new in colors when done with my two favorite punches. So glad they both made the new catalog...now if only the bundle pricing for the Petite Petals stamp and punch had made it as well. Ah well...new bundles will take their place. Thanks for adding to the inspiration of the hop! Hugs - J.

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Ter, thanks so much for being part of the May blog hop. To listen to you, one would think you would never have your projects done, but as usual you've come through and your projects are amazing. I agree about being sorry to lose the Oh Hello set. What a versatile stamp set and how beautifully you've used it for your card. The Woodgrain stamp certainly does lend a soft touch and some texture to the card.

What a great idea to make tags using the new In-Colors! Even without the ribbon, I love them! And I'm going to use that "love" word again for your version of the wreath kit. Next year make another one but begin earlier. I could use a shorter winter, and it appears that your wreath-making skills are magical.

Deborah Smart said...

Terri - more fabulous creations!! You've done it again :) I love your idea of the tags in the new In Colours (I feel a 'case' coming on!). I'm with you; I'll miss the Oh Hello stamp set; I like how you did the shading and colouring on that card. Your wreath turned out beautifully - I hope you have it hanging in a place of honour :)

Crafty Medic said...

Great tags! I'm going to miss Oh Hello too :(

Christine said...

Great projects, Terri.
Your wreath turned out pretty.
What a great idea for your tags.

Created by Kath said...

Love the tags, those colors are going to be fun to work with.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Your projects are terrific Terri. I really like the tags. I've been meaning to make one of those wreaths too, so thanks for the reminder. TFS.

Marsha Reed said...

Great projects, Terri. Love the tags!

KatheD said...

LOVE the tags - what a great way to showcase the new In Colors. Using the fringe scissors on some of the flowers on your wreath added a nice stepped-up look!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...