December 16, 2012

Remembering Sandy Hook

My heart hurt so much to hear of the the tragedy in Newtown, CT. So many little children, innocent victims. I just don't have the words to express my feelings over this senseless act of evil and selfishness.

I may not be able to make sense of this, but I can make a card. So I made this card to send to Sandy Hook Elementary School. It seems like such a small, insignificant thing to do but believe me, I know from my own personal experience, all a bereaved parent wants to know is that people care.


A bitty butterfly for each of the children.  

I couldn't fit the larger butterflies on the front, so I put them inside. 
They represent the adult victims.

Please consider sending a card or note too.
I promise, it won't take much of your time.
And you'll brighten up a dark world, even just a little bit.

Sandy Hook Elementary School
12 Dickenson Drive
Sandy Hook, CT 06482
USA 

* Some products used on this card are sneak peeks from the upcoming Spring Catalogue.... I'll tell you more about them in a later post.

3 comments:

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Absolute perfection Ter. A beautiful expression of what was in your heart and I'm sure will be much appreciated.
Hugs - Jean

Heidi Weaver said...

Ter, what is most stunning is the visual reminder of the numbers of children (small butterflies) and the numbers of adults (large butterflies). Just realizing that there was no room for all of them on the front of the card is staggering. I love the rainbow effect. For me, rainbows have always been a link to Heaven. In other words, I love your card. *hugs*

Joc(e) said...

Wow...I'm so sorry I didn't see this earlier. What a stunning card and such a lovely idea. I'm sure it brought a bit of warmth into the lives of the victims' families. Nice job Ter. <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...