October 05, 2012

Three Cards

 Recently, my friend's 2.5 year old daughter was diagnosed with leukemia. I decided to send her this card. I used the retired Beary Best Friends stamp set and the phrase is from the Best of Everything Stamp set. I felt it was an appropriate phrase for the situation, because I really do want the best for her.

I also made my friend and her other daughter a card. I think as a family they need to know that they are all in my thoughts. Here is the card I made for my friend, using the retired Strength & Hope stamp set. I felt she needs all the hope and strength she can get during this difficult time.


Here is the card I made for her other daughter. I added the two sisters names to the card after I took this photo. I used the Owl Punch, Heart framelits and the new Woodgrain embossing folder to make it look like they were peeking out from a tree. I like how it turned out.


Sometimes there isn't much you can do to help people, especially if they live far away. But letting them know that you are thinking of them means a lot. I know this from experience and I post these cards in hopes to influence you to reach out and let someone know you're thinking of them.  No need to wait for a reason.

2 comments:

Deborah Smart said...

What sweet cards, Terri! I hope your friend's little girl is doing well; I'm sure she loved getting the Build-a-Bear card from you :) I agree - sending a card is a great way to show someone that you're thinking of them, especially in this 'digital' age!
Cheers ~ Deb

Terri said...

Just this past week the little girl was declared in remission! Very happy news! She will continue treatments for a while to ensure it doesn't come back, but so far doing so good. She's a little fighter! (and has two little angels on her shoulders to carry her through!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...